• Guide Fly Box: S-Tim-Arol
Tim Babich shares a pattern that is quick and easy to tie, but best of all, the fish can’t seem to resist.
• Forum: The Spirit of Fly Fishing
The essence of fly fishing is far more contemplative and respectful than ripping lips and screaming “Boo ya!” while another one bites the dust. Ian Couryer reports.
• Highlands Wild Trout – Part III: The Sterkspruit
This month, in Part III of our series, Fred Steynberg takes us to the Sterkspruit, one of a few rivers in our country that offers both yellowfish and trout.
• Smallmouth Strategies for the Vaal River
Field Correspondent Ian Couryer takes a new approach to fishing the Vaal River.
• Mozambique Fatbike Adventure
Getting away from the rat race, Field Editor Andy Coetzee embarks on an adventure that provides food for the soul.
• Grande Pesce d’Oro: Jungle Fever
Fishing for golden dorado in the Amazon jungle is an experience not easily forgotten, says contributor Gerhard Laubscher.
• Gallo de León and the Spanish Caddis
Leon Links tells us about the Spanish caddis and the special feathers it is tied with.
• New Materials and Tools for 2015
Fly-Tying Field Editor Murray Pedder looks at what’s new for 2015 on the fly-tying scene.
• Last Cast: Reflecting on the Literary Life
By Andrew Levy.