Read more about our new Digimag by
clicking here for further information.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
READ MORE ABOUT OUR NEW
Click here for further information.
IN THE FEBRUARY/MARCH 2016 ISSUE:
• Forum: When the Tough Get Going
With temperatures soaring and a lack of good summer rains, the Vaal River and its tributaries have become a challenging fishery. Ian Couryer reports.
• Guide Tips and Tricks: Fish Behaviour
Understanding fish and how they behave will make for a better fisherman. Gerhard Laubscher explains.
• A Fishy Business
With question marks hanging over the future of our trout industry, Ian Cox investigates what the US environmental authorities and fishery agencies have done to strike a balance to keep its multimillion-dollar trout industry going.
• Flowers River – A Long Cast From Goose Bay
Labrador’s Flowers River offers some of the most spectacular salmon fishing in a remote and unspoilt environment. Tom Boyd tells more.
• Fly Shops of the World Part III: TroutHunter
By Gerhard Laubscher.
• The One-Shot Shark: Blacktip Reef Shark
The blacktip reef shark is a clever predator attuned to its environment. Contributor Richard Schumann talks tackle and tactics for taking them on fly.
• Fly Fishing for Carp – Part I: Introducing the Underdog
In a collaborative effort, contributor Dionne Crafford and Morné du Plooy kick off our new series on carp and talk biology, tackle and fly selection.
• Okavango Dream: Working the Perfect Job
Mark Murray gives us a pictorial glimpse into life behind the scenes of a tigerfish guide in the Okavango Delta.
• Thinking Outside the Box to Increase your Catch Rate
Implementing unorthodox methods on a day when all else fails is just part of the game. So says Fly-Tying Field Editor Murray Pedder.
• Readers’ Competition: Getting Hooked on Fly Fishing
Benjamin Steyn tells his tale of how he fell in love with fly fishing.
• Smartphones – A Useful Tool to Improve your Fishing Skills?
Fernando Ladeira puts his software developing skills to the test and designs a virtual fly box which will help you organise and catalogue your fly stocks.
Last Cast: Love me Tender
By Andrew Levy.