• A Fly Angler’s Essentials for Tigerfish: Part I
In Part I of our new series on tigerfish, contributor Gerhard Laubscher
shares a few invaluable tips on how to up your success rate with big tigers.
• Lake Turkana: Kenya’s Remote Desert Lake
African expeditions are best left for the not-so-faint of heart. Andrew Nightingale and Sven Verwiel’s dream came true when they finally got to explore Kenya’s Jade Sea.
• How to Gear Up for a Camping Fly Fishing Trip
This month, contributor Sean I’Ons
looks at the essentials for making your next fly fishing outing a happy camping experience.
• A Very Special Fly Fishing Feat
Contributor Ben Pretorius shares the story of one man’s sheer determination to ultimately make a rare catch along our coastline.
• Tree River’s World-class Arctic Char Fishing
Tree River in the western corner of Canada’s Nunavut territory is a fabled arctic char fishery. Rasmus Ovesen investigates.
• Readers’ Competition: Karoo Oasis
Trout in the Karoo? Gijsbert Hoogendoorn
travels to Somerset East to debunk the myth and comes back a believer.
• Autumn Flies and Techniques for Stillwater Trout
With autumn on our doorstep, Fly-Tying Field Editor Murray Pedder
discusses ten stillwater fly patterns he never goes without, and how best to make use of the opportunities that prevail at this time of year.
• Last Cast:Kiss the Water
By Andrew Levy.